The Guyots are one of the oldest families in Marsannay-la-Côte. Louis Guyot was a small farmer/wine-grower with many animals, particularly carthorses which he used to help in the vineyards and at harvest time.
In 1951, his son Albert took over the family farm. Most of the vineyards and fields were located at Marsannay-la-Côte. His wine was mainly sold on to merchants.
In 1962, Albert married Odile Guyard, the eldest daughter of a large family. Odile’s father, Georges Guyard was a small landowner and nurseryman. He decided to rent out some vineyards and then bought some to enlarge his own estate bit by bit. To save his horses the journey between the two villages (7 km), he swapped his Gevrey-Chambertin Grands Crus (Lavaux St-Jacques) for land at Marsannay-la-Côte !!!…
Since 1990, Olivier Guyot has been in sole charge of the estate which stretches from Marsannay-la-Côte to Gevrey-Chambertin. Today the estate comprises a number of small plots covering 15 hectares. Pinot Noir is the only grape variety used for our red wine and Chardonnay the only grape variety for our white. Each plot is different in terms of soil composition, depth, height (above sea-level) and aspect – the epitome of the richness and individuality of the Burgundian terroir.