Volpe Pasini, located in the heart of the Colli Orientali del Friuli denomination area, has been considered to be an excellent wine producer ever since the times of the Venice Republic and it is certainly one of the oldest wineries of the Italian North-East.
The heart of the winery, with its offices and cellars, is composed of a manor, whose origins go back to 1596, and by a beautiful complex of buildings surrounding the manor itself. Inside the 20 thousand square meters property there is also a park and a small Ribolla Gialla vineyard reminiscent of the wine making soul of the estate.
The first documents proving with certainty the production of wine inside the estate come from the 17th century. The estate, since then, has always shown a calling for agriculture, which in the second half of the 19th century became mostly dedicated to wine. In the 1970’s, together with a few other “pioneer producers”, Volpe Pasini decided to bring the Friuli wines in Italy and in the world, and leaving behind the logic of bulk wine, it concentrated its energies on the research of quality and excellency and the search of new international markets (above all Germany and the United States).
Nowadays Volpe Pasini sells about 50% of its products abroad, through a solid sales network now over thirty years old. Today the winery is more vital and competitive than ever, having found again, thanks to the new property, those solid basis and the innovative will that have made it, throughout the years, one of the most important realities of Friuli Venezia Giulia.