* This wine is produced from a vineyard of 5500 plants
per hectare of Refosco dal peduncolo Rosso, and is
followed carefully given the fragility of the vines
themselves, and those grapes suitable for the
production of such a high potential wine are
selected carefully. It undergoes maceration
for 12 days at a controlled temperature of
around 28°C in stainless steel tanks – during
which peak extraction from the skins is
achieved, following the first racking, the
wine is kept in stainless steel tanks where
malolactic fermentation takes place.
After a couple of weeks the wine is passed into
25 HL French Oak barrels, where it is refined for
12 months, creating a more elegant wine.
A very typical wine results from this process,
with an intense ruby red colour.
This wine is best drunk at
a temperature of 18° /20° .
* Grapes: Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso 100%
* Area under vine: 2.40 Ha – 5000 plants/Ha
* Planting pattern: 2.5 x 0.8
* Altitude : 80 m/above sea level
* Position S/E Training system : Guyot
* Vineyard age : 1997
* Yield per hectare : 7000 Kg
* Soil type : clay
* Harvest period : End September
* Vinification : Stainless steel at controlled temperature
* Malolactic Fermentation : Yes
* Refining: in 25HL French Oak Barrels
* Ageing : in the bottle for 2 months
* Alcohol content : 13.0 % Acidity : 5.4 g/l