Aliança was founded over 75 years ago, in 1927, by 11 associates headed by Domingos Silva and Angelo Neves, in Sangalhos, in the Bairrada´s Dellimited Region.
Since then the company started exporting to Brasil, Africa and Europe, being today, in Portugal and in the 60 countries to where 50% of its production is exported, a synonym of high quality wines, sparkling wines and brandys.
Aliança grew and got modernized, organizing itself in a group structure. Its strong bet in quality led the company to acquire Estates in the major regions as Alentejo, Dão, Douro, Bairrada and the Beiras, exploring around 500 ha of vineyards.
A profound work of reconversion and plantation of vineyards was done in these estates. This work is being developed by the Aliança technical team, in partnership with the “world Class WineMaker” Pascal Chatonnet.
The investement was made in the production areas and it also extends to the vinification level, with the installation of modern wine cellars and the constrction of a park of high quality oak barrels, for wine aging. This strategy is producing results, as we one can notice by the inumerous awards recently attained, either in Portugal or abroad.
- Qinta dos Quatro Ventos - Quinta das Baceladas - Quinta Da Garrida - Quinta da Terrugem - Herdade do Barranco - Quinta D'Aguiar