About the winery
Rainoldi: “Il vino come cultura” (Wine as a culture). This is our slogan. The company was founded in 1925 by Aldo Rainoldi, the son of Giuseppe, who was already well known at the time as a trader-exporter of wines and agricultural products to nearby Switzerland.
At the beginning of the seventies, following the definitive hand-over of the winery to the son Giuseppe, Casa vinicola Aldo Rainoldi enjoyed a period of outstanding success characterised by the development of foreign markets thanks to wines that were result of both a careful selection in the vineyard and refined wine-making expertise.
At the moment, the company’s headquarters are in Chiuro, the true wine-producing heart of the Valtellina, and it continues the longstanding commitment of the Rainoldi family, including now the nephew Aldo, the young oenologist trained in Piemont.
Besides producing grapes in its own vineyards, the wine estate also buys grapes from small local wine-growers, who are constantly monitored by a highly trusted company technician, thus allowing the winery to produce 200.000 bottles per year.